- Faulty Driver Air Bag
- Faulty Spiral Cable
- Driver Air Bag harness is shorted
- Driver Air Bag circuit poor electrical connection
When is the code detected?Driver air bag module circuit is shorted to a power supply circuit (including the spiral cable).
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1055 DescriptionThe driver air bag module is dual stage and wired to the air bag diagnosis sensor unit through the spiral cable. The air bag diagnosis sensor unit will monitor for opens and shorts in detected lines to the driver air bag module including the spiral cable. In case of frontal collision whose acceleration exceeds the specified level, the ignition materials are ignited by the electric ignition system. The system burns and introduces the chemical reaction of gas generating materials to generate hot gases that flow into the air bag through a filter and expand the bag.
B1055 Information for specific makes
- B1055 ACURA Relay Control Module Lost Communication With MICU
- B1055 BUICK Audio Output 4 Right Rear Circuit
- B1055 CADILLAC Audio Output 4 Right Rear Circuit
- B1055 CHEVROLET Audio Output 4 Right Rear Circuit
- B1055 GMC Audio Output 4 Right Rear Circuit
- B1055 HONDA Relay Control Module Lost Communication With MICU
- B1055 INFINITI Driver Air Bag Module Short
- B1055 NISSAN Driver Air Bag Module Short
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1055 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1055 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1055 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks