B1038 INFINITI Possible Causes
- Faulty Crash Zone Sensor
- Crash Zone Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Crash Zone Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Unit
First diagnose B1038 INFINITI code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1038 INFINITI code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1038 INFINITI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1038 INFINITI Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1038 Infiniti DescriptionThe Crash Zone Sensor is the main “G” sensor that generates a signal voltage when it detects deceleration beyond the specified level caused by a frontal vehicle collision.
When the Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Unit (ACU) defines both signal voltage of the “G” sensor and the safing sensor to be that of a collision which exceeds a specified level, the driving circuit switches on and feeds the electric ignitor of both driver and passenger air bags and pre-tensioner seat belt.
The Crash Zone Sensor has an integrated type of the “G” sensor element for frontal collision with output terminals for signal voltage.
B1038 INFINITI More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1038 INFINITI code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1038 Infiniti code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1038 INFINITI CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1038 Infiniti code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks