B1022 NISSAN - Occupant Sensor Control Unit
B1022 NISSAN Possible Causes
- Faulty Occupant Sensor Control Unit
- Occupant Sensor Control Unit harness is open or shorted
- Occupant Sensor Control Unit circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Diagnosis Sensor Unit
First diagnose B1022 NISSAN code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B1022 NISSAN code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1022 NISSAN code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1022 NISSAN Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1022 Nissan DescriptionThe Occupant Sensor Control Unit suppresses the deployment of passenger air bag when the condition of the passenger seat is empty or child and child-seat. And turns on the cut-off telltale lamp when the condition of the passenger seat is child-seat and child. In the case of malfunction, the blinking of the SRS air bag warning lamp reports the malfunction to the driver and by the on board self-diagnosis system. This Occupant Sensor Control Unit classifies occupant in the passenger seat and detects electrical malfunctions in Occupant Classification System, and transmits malfunction information to air bag control unit.
It is integrated into the seat sensor mat and detects the occupants with Occupant Classification System (OCS) control unit that classifies the occupants.
B1022 NISSAN More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1022 NISSAN code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1022 Nissan code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1022 NISSAN CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1022 Nissan code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks