B1019 BUICK - SDM System Configuration Error
B1019 BUICK Possible Causes
- Program Sensing Diagnostic Module (SDM)
- Faulty Sensing Diagnostic Module (SDM)
- Sensing Diagnostic Module (SDM) harness is open or shorted
- Sensing Diagnostic Module (SDM) circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code B1019 BUICK
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
B1019 BUICK Tech NotesB1019 00: SDM System Configuration Error
B1019 3A: SDM System Configuration Error Incorrect Component Installed
Cost of diagnosing the B1019 BUICK code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1019 BUICK code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1019 BUICK Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1019 Buick DescriptionAfter the Sensing Diagnostic Module (SDM) is programmed, the SDM setup procedure is required. During this set up procedure, the SDM will compare the content that was just programmed to the actual components that are installed on the vehicle. If the SDM detects that there are too few or too many components on the system, DTC B1019 00 will set and not allow the setup procedure to complete.
B1019 BUICK More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1019 BUICK code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1019 Buick code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1019 BUICK CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1019 Buick code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks