B1001 CADILLAC - SDM Option Configuration Error
B1001 CADILLAC Possible Causes
- Faulty Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
- Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) harness is open or shorted
- Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code B1001 CADILLACCheck the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
B1001 45 Option Configuration Error Variant Not Programmed
B1001 46 Option Configuration Error
B1001 4B Option Configuration Error Calibration Not Learned
Cost of diagnosing the B1001 CADILLAC code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1001 CADILLAC code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1001 Cadillac DescriptionThe Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) stores the vehicles restraint ID from the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and the last 4 digits of the SDM part number. When the ignition is turned ON, the SDM compares this information to the information stored in the Body Control Module (BCM) over the General Motors Local Area Network (GMLAN) communication circuit. If there is a mismatch between the information stored in the SDM and BCM, DTC B1001 will set.
B1001 CADILLAC More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1001 CADILLAC code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1001 Cadillac code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1001 Cadillac code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks