B0680 CHEVROLET - Passenger Air Bag Off Indicator Circuit
B0680 CHEVROLET Possible Causes
- Faulty Passenger Air Bag Disable Indicator
- Passenger Air Bag Disable Indicator harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Air Bag Disable Indicator circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
How do I fix code B0680 CHEVROLET
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
B0680 CHEVROLET Tech NotesB0680 01: Passenger Air Bag Off Indicator Circuit Short to Battery
B0680 02: Passenger Air Bag Off Indicator Circuit Short to Ground
B0680 04: Passenger Air Bag Off Indicator Circuit Open
Cost of diagnosing the B0680 CHEVROLET code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0680 CHEVROLET code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B0680 CHEVROLET Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0680 Chevrolet DescriptionThe passenger air bag ON/OFF indicators are used to notify the driver when the passenger presence system has enabled or disabled the passenger instrument panel air bag. When the ignition is turned ON, the ignition voltage is supplied to the passenger presence module. When the Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) receives the appropriate serial data message from the passenger presence module the SDM will then provide voltage to the appropriate indicator.
B0680 CHEVROLET More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0680 CHEVROLET code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B0680 Chevrolet code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B0680 CHEVROLET CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0680 Chevrolet code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks