B0424 - Temperature Control Right Feedback Circuit Actuator Range/Performance
B0424 Possible Causes
- Faulty Right Air Temperature Actuator
- Right Air Temperature Actuator harness is open or shorted
- Right Air Temperature Actuator circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Control Module
First diagnose B0424 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B0424 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0424 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B0424 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B0424 DescriptionThe Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Control Module controls the HVAC door actuators to regulate the airflow through the HVAC system. Each actuator consists of a stepper motor, a logic circuit, and a potentiometer. The potentiometer inside the door actuator allows the module to monitor the current position of the actuator drive shaft. The module supplies a 5-volt source voltage to the potentiometer on the 5-volt reference circuit. The module supplies ground to the potentiometer through the low reference circuit. The HVAC control module monitors the voltage drop across the potentiometer on the door position signal circuit. When the actuator shaft rotates, the voltage on the door position signal circuit changes. The module converts the voltage value to a count value where 1-volt is approximately equal to 51 counts. The HVAC control module calibrates the travel range of the HVAC door actuators when it is initially powered by the battery positive voltage circuit. During calibration, the module commands the actuators in each direction until door travel is stopped. The module stores the minimum door positions and the maximum door positions of each actuator into memory. The total travel range is calculated by subtracting the minimum door position from the maximum door position.
B0424 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0424 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
B0424 Information for specific makes
- B0424 BUICK Temperature Control Right Feedback Circuit Actuator Range/Performance
- B0424 CADILLAC Temperature Control Right Feedback Circuit Actuator Range/Performance
- B0424 CHEVROLET Temperature Control Right Feedback Circuit Actuator Range/Performance
- B0424 GMC Temperature Control Right Feedback Circuit Actuator Range/Performance
Need more help?Get the B0424 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B0424 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0424 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks