B0423 VOLKSWAGEN - Temperature Control 2 Circuit
On certain Volkswagen vehicles, when using a generic scan tool while diagnosing model year 1999 vehicles equipped with a 2.0L engine, an incorrect DTC B0423 may be displayed by itself or along with P1176 (17584). This incorrectly displayed DTC has the same meaning as P1176 (17584) and therefore P1176 (17584) diagnostics should be followed to correctly repair the vehicle.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?
Do you need more help with the B0423 Volkswagen code? Ask a question to our users or find an automotive repair shop near you to help fix the OBDII code
B0423 VOLKSWAGEN CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0423 Volkswagen code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks