B0121 LEXUS - Right Front Seat Belt Buckle Switch Malfunction
- Faulty Right Front Seat Belt Buckle Switch
- Right Front Seat Belt Buckle Switch harness is open or shorted
- Right Front Seat Belt Buckle Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Air Bag Control Module
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0121 Lexus DescriptionThe right front seat belt buckle switch circuit consists of the air bag center sensor and right front seat belt buckle assembly. The Air Bag Control Module monitors the Right Front Seat Belt Buckle Switch. The Air Bag Control Module sets the OBDII code when the Right Front Seat Belt Buckle Switch is not to factory specifications.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B0121 Lexus code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B0121 LEXUS CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0121 Lexus code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks