B0103 CADILLAC - Passenger-Side EFS Valid Identification Not Received
- Faulty Passenger-Side Electronic Frontal Sensor (EFS)
- Passenger-Side Electronic Frontal Sensor (EFS) harness is open or shorted
- Passenger-Side Electronic Frontal Sensor (EFS) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0103 Cadillac DescriptionElectronic Frontal Sensor (EFS), also known as a front end sensor, uses a unidirectional 2-wire circuit. EFS sensor modulates current on the interface to send identification, State Of Health (SOH) and deployment commands to Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM). The SDM serves as a power source and ground for EFS. When ignition is turned on and EFS detects power from SDM, EFS responds by performing internal diagnostics and sending identification to SDM. SDM considers identification message to be valid if received within 5 seconds of EFS powering up. EFS continually communicates a status message to SDM. When fault is detected, SDM will attempt to reset EFS twice by removing and applying power. If fault is still present, SDM will set a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC).
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B0103 Cadillac code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B0103 CADILLAC CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0103 Cadillac code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks