B00D5 LINCOLN Code - Restraint System Passenger Disable Indicator
|B00D5 LINCOLN code possible causes
- Faulty Restraint System Passenger Disable Indicator
- Restraint System Passenger Disable Indicator harness is open or shorted
- Restraint System Passenger Disable Indicator circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Restraints Control Module (RCM)
|How do I fix the B00D5 LINCOLN code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|B00D5 LINCOLN code tech notesB00D5:11 Restraint System Passenger Disable Indicator: Circuit Short to Ground
B00D5:12 Restraint System Passenger Disable Indicator: Circuit Short to Battery
B00D5:13 Restraint System Passenger Disable Indicator: Circuit Open
|Cost of diagnosing the B00D5 LINCOLN code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B00D5 LINCOLN code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B00D5 LINCOLN code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|B00D5 LINCOLN code descriptionThe Restraints Control Module (RCM) monitors all of Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) device connections. If the RCM detects a connection or device connected that is not stored in memory or is not configured for the component, the RCM will set a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) and send a message to the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) to illuminate air bag warning indicator.
|Need more information with the B00D5 LINCOLN code?Need more information on how to fix the B00D5 LINCOLN code? Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
|Need help with a B00D5 LINCOLN code?Get the B00d5 Lincoln code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|B00D5 LINCOLN code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B00d5 Lincoln code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks