B00C1 Code - Passenger Seat Occupant Classification Sensor 'B'
|B00C1 code possible causes
- Faulty Passenger Seat Occupant Classification Sensor 'B'
- Passenger Seat Occupant Classification Sensor 'B' harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Seat Occupant Classification Sensor 'B' circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Air Bag Control Module
|How do I fix the B00C1 code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|Cost of diagnosing the B00C1 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B00C1 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B00C1 code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|B00C1 code descriptionThe Occupant Classification System (OCS) is designed to classify the weight of the front seat passenger and automatically turn OFF the front passenger air bag under certain conditions. The Air Bag Control Module monitors the Passenger Seat Occupant Classification Sensor 'B'. The Air Bag Control Module sets the OBDII code when the Passenger Seat Occupant Classification Sensor 'B' is not to factory specifications.
|Need more information with the B00C1 code?Need more information on how to fix the B00C1 code? Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
|Need help with a B00C1 code?Get the B00c1 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|B00C1 code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B00c1 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks