B00B4 - Driver Seat Occupant Classification Sensor 'E'
- Faulty Driver Seat Occupant Position Sensor 'E'
- Driver Seat Occupant Position Sensor 'E' harness is open or shorted
- Driver Seat Occupant Position Sensor 'E' circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Air Bag Control Module
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B00b4 DescriptionSome newer vehicles are equipped with a Driver Seat Occupant Classification Sensor as a part of the supplemental restraint system. This sensor is equipped in the front driver side seat cushion. This sensor measures the electrostatic capacity of the front driver side seat. The Air Bag Control Module monitors the Driver Seat Occupant Position Sensor 'E'. The Air Bag Control Module sets the OBDII code when the Driver Seat Occupant Position Sensor 'E' is not to factory specifications.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B00b4 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B00B4 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B00b4 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks