B0098 CHEVROLET - Passenger Air Bag Disable Switch
B0098 CHEVROLET Possible Causes
- Faulty Passenger Air Bag Disable Switch
- Passenger Air Bag Disable Switch harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Air Bag Disable Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
First diagnose B0098 CHEVROLET code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
B0098 CHEVROLET Tech NotesDTC B0098 01: Passenger Air Bag Disable Switch Circuit Short Circuit to Battery
DTC B0098 02: Passenger Air Bag Disable Switch Circuit Short Circuit to Ground
DTC B0098 04: Passenger Air Bag Disable Switch Circuit Open
Cost of diagnosing the B0098 CHEVROLET code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0098 CHEVROLET code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B0098 CHEVROLET Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0098 Chevrolet DescriptionWhen the ignition switch is turned to ON, the Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) will perform turn-on test to diagnose critical malfunctions within SDM itself. The SDM continuously checks the disable switch position switch and circuit defect by letting the regular voltage flow through the disable switch circuit and verifying the current.
B0098 CHEVROLET More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0098 CHEVROLET code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B0098 Chevrolet code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B0098 CHEVROLET CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0098 Chevrolet code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks