B0098 BUICK - Passenger Air Bag Disable Switch
- Faulty Passenger Air Bag Disable Switch
- Passenger Air Bag Disable Switch harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Air Bag Disable Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
Tech notesDTC B0098 01: Passenger Air Bag Disable Switch Circuit Short Circuit to Battery
DTC B0098 02: Passenger Air Bag Disable Switch Circuit Short Circuit to Ground
DTC B0098 04: Passenger Air Bag Disable Switch Circuit Open
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0098 Buick DescriptionWhen the ignition switch is turned to ON, the Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) will perform turn-on test to diagnose critical malfunctions within SDM itself. The SDM continuously checks the disable switch position switch and circuit defect by letting the regular voltage flow through the disable switch circuit and verifying the current.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B0098 Buick code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B0098 BUICK CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0098 Buick code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks