B0092 CADILLAC - Incorrect PPS Verification Identification
- Faulty Passenger Presence System (PPS) ECU
- Passenger Presence System (PPS) ECU harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Presence System (PPS) ECU circuit poor electrical connection
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0092 Cadillac DescriptionWhen the ignition is turned on, Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) performs tests to diagnose critical internal malfunctions. When SDM has completed power-up mode, SDM will establish communication with Passenger Presence System (PPS). PPS will respond by commanding both PASSENGER AIR BAG ON and OFF indicators, located in the rear view mirror, on for 5 seconds. SDM will transmit a request message to PPS to receive PPS verification identification. PPS will transmit verification identification to SDM and SDM will compare identification received to data stored in memory. SDM will also set the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) B0092 to notify the driver that PPS has a current malfunction.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B0092 Cadillac code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B0092 CADILLAC CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0092 Cadillac code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks