B0090 GMC Possible Causes
- Faulty Rollover Sensor
- Rollover Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Rollover Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
How do I fix code B0090 GMC
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
B0090 GMC Tech NotesDTC B0090 00 Rollover Sensor No Additional Information
DTC B0090 0F Rollover Sensor Erratic
DTC B0090 3A Rollover Sensor Incorrect Component Installed
DTC B0090 39 Rollover Sensor Internal Electronic Failure
DTC B0090 71 Rollover Sensor Invalid Serial Data Received
Cost of diagnosing the B0090 GMC code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0090 GMC code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B0090 GMC Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0090 Gmc DescriptionThe Inflatable Restraint Vehicle Rollover Sensor (ROS) utilizes battery power supply and a bidirectional interface circuit. The ROS modulates current on the interface to send ID, State of Health, and deployment commands to the Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM). When the ignition is turned on the ROS responds by performing internal diagnostics and sending an ID to the SDM. The ROS continually communicates status messages to the SDM, which determines if a fault is present in the ROS circuit. If the fault is present, the SDM will set a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC).
B0090 GMC More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0090 GMC code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B0090 Gmc code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B0090 GMC CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0090 Gmc code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks