B0087 CHEVROLET - Left Rear Side Impact Sensor
B0087 CHEVROLET Possible Causes
- Faulty Left Rear Side Impact Sensor
- Left Rear Side Impact Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Left Rear Side Impact Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
First diagnose B0087 CHEVROLET code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
B0087 CHEVROLET Tech NotesDTC B0087 02: Left Rear Side Impact Sensor Short to Ground
DTC B0087 05: Left Rear Side Impact Sensor High Voltage/Open
DTC B0087 39: Left Rear Side Impact Sensor Internal Malfunction
DTC B0087 3A: Left Rear Side Impact Sensor Incorrect Component Installed
DTC B0087 71: Left Rear Side Impact Sensor Invalid Data
Cost of diagnosing the B0087 CHEVROLET code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0087 CHEVROLET code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B0087 CHEVROLET Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0087 Chevrolet DescriptionThe impact sensors are equipped on vehicles to supplement the Supplemental Inflatable Restraint (SIR) system performance. The impact sensors are electronic and are not part of the deployment loops, but instead provide inputs to the Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM). The impact sensors can assist in determining the severity of some frontal and side collisions. The SDM uses the input from the impact sensors to assist in determining the severity of a collision further supporting air bag deployment. If the SDM determines a deployment is warranted, the SDM will cause current to flow through the deployment loops deploying the air bags.
B0087 CHEVROLET More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0087 CHEVROLET code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B0087 Chevrolet code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B0087 CHEVROLET CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0087 Chevrolet code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks