- Faulty Front End Sensor 2
- Front End Sensor 2 harness is open or shorted
- Front End Sensor 2 circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
Tech notesDTC B0084 02 Front End Sensor 2 Short to Ground (Right)
DTC B0084 05 Front End Sensor 2 Short to Battery or Open (Right)
DTC B0084 0F Front End Sensor 2 Erratic (Right)
DTC B0084 39 Front End Sensor 2 Internal Electronic Failure (Right)
DTC B0084 3A Front End Sensor 2 Incorrect Component Installed (Right)
DTC B0084 71 Front End Sensor 2 Invalid Serial Data Received (Right)
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0084 Buick DescriptionThe inflatable restraint front end sensor utilizes a unidirectional 2-wire circuit. The front end sensor modulates current on the interface to send ID, state of health, and deployment commands to the Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM). The SDM serves as a power source and a ground for the front end sensor. When the ignition is turned ON and input power from the SDM is first detected, the front end sensor responds by performing internal diagnostics and sending an ID to the SDM. The SDM considers the ID to be valid if the response time is less than 5 seconds. The front end sensor continually communicates status messages to the SDM, which determines if a fault is present in the front end sensor circuit. When a fault is detected, the SDM may reset the front end sensor up to 2 times by removing and reapplying power to it. If the fault is still present, the SDM will set a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC).
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B0084 Buick code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B0084 BUICK CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0084 Buick code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks