B0082 MERCURY - Passenger Seatbelt Load Limiter Deployment Control
- Faulty Passenger Seatbelt Load Limiter Deployment
- Passenger Seatbelt Load Limiter Deployment harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Seatbelt Load Limiter Deployment circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Restraints Control Module (RCM)
Tech notesB0082:11 Passenger Seatbelt Load Limiter Deployment Control: Circuit Short to Ground
B0082:12 Passenger Seatbelt Load Limiter Deployment Control: Circuit Short to Battery
B0082:13 Passenger Seatbelt Load Limiter Deployment Control: Circuit Open
B0082:1A Passenger Seatbelt Load Limiter Deployment Control: Circuit Resistance Below Threshold
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0082 Mercury DescriptionThe Restraints Control Module (RCM) analyzes the deployment loop resistance to determine if a fault exists. The value displayed in the Parameter Identification (PID) is the deployment loop resistance measured by the Restraints Control Module (RCM). If the value displayed is lower or higher than the desired range, the Restraints Control Module (RCM) can set a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC). As the deployment loop resistance drifts farther outside the desired range, the chance for a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) increases. Small variations in resistance can occur due to the effect of road vibrations on terminal fit. Crimps and terminals can be affected by stress and harness movement and can cause an increase in resistance due to wire strain. These variables can result in an intermittent fault. For this reason, the test requires the Parameter Identification (PID) value to be within the desired range before the fault is considered repaired, regardless if the module is reporting an on-demand Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) at the time of diagnosis. Following this direction helps make sure that minor changes in resistance do not create a repeat concern.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B0082 Mercury code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B0082 MERCURY CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0082 Mercury code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks