B0082 LINCOLN - Passenger Seatbelt Load Limiter Deployment Control
B0082 LINCOLN Possible Causes
- Faulty Passenger Seatbelt Load Limiter Deployment
- Passenger Seatbelt Load Limiter Deployment harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Seatbelt Load Limiter Deployment circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Restraints Control Module (RCM)
First diagnose B0082 LINCOLN code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
B0082 LINCOLN Tech NotesB0082:11 Passenger Seatbelt Load Limiter Deployment Control: Circuit Short to Ground
B0082:12 Passenger Seatbelt Load Limiter Deployment Control: Circuit Short to Battery
B0082:13 Passenger Seatbelt Load Limiter Deployment Control: Circuit Open
B0082:1A Passenger Seatbelt Load Limiter Deployment Control: Circuit Resistance Below Threshold
Cost of diagnosing the B0082 LINCOLN code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0082 LINCOLN code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B0082 LINCOLN Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0082 Lincoln DescriptionThe Restraints Control Module (RCM) analyzes the deployment loop resistance to determine if a fault exists. The value displayed in the Parameter Identification (PID) is the deployment loop resistance measured by the Restraints Control Module (RCM). If the value displayed is lower or higher than the desired range, the Restraints Control Module (RCM) can set a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC). As the deployment loop resistance drifts farther outside the desired range, the chance for a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) increases. Small variations in resistance can occur due to the effect of road vibrations on terminal fit. Crimps and terminals can be affected by stress and harness movement and can cause an increase in resistance due to wire strain. These variables can result in an intermittent fault. For this reason, the test requires the Parameter Identification (PID) value to be within the desired range before the fault is considered repaired, regardless if the module is reporting an on-demand Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) at the time of diagnosis. Following this direction helps make sure that minor changes in resistance do not create a repeat concern.
B0082 LINCOLN More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0082 LINCOLN code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B0082 Lincoln code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B0082 LINCOLN CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0082 Lincoln code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks