B0081 HUMMER - Passenger Presence System
- Faulty Passenger Presence System (PPS)
- Passenger Presence System (PPS) harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Presence System (PPS) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
Tech notesDTC B0081 0F Passenger Presence System Erratic
DTC B0081 3A Passenger Presence System Incorrect Component Installed
DTC B0081 4B Passenger Presence System Calibration Not Learned
DTC B0081 5A Passenger Presence System Plausibility Failure
DTC B0081 39 Passenger Presence System Internal Electronic Failure
DTC B0081 71 Passenger Presence System Invalid Serial Data Received
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0081 Hummer DescriptionWhen the ignition is turned ON, the Passenger Presence System (PPS) and the Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) performs tests to diagnose critical malfunctions within itself. When the SDM has completed the power-up mode, the SDM will establish communication with the PPS. The PPS will respond by commanding both of the PASSENGER AIR BAG ON/OFF indicators ON for 5 seconds. The SDM will then transmit a request message to the PPS to receive the PPS verification ID. The PPS will transmit the verification ID to the SDM, and the SDM will compare the ID received to data stored in memory. If the data stored in memory does not match the information transmitted by the PPS or the SDM has detects that the PPS has set a current Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC), the SDM will then disable the Instrument Panel (I/P) module deployment loop, set DTC B0081, and command the AIR BAG indicator ON.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B0081 Hummer code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B0081 HUMMER CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0081 Hummer code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks