B0071 SATURN Code - Passenger Seat Belt Tension Sensor Circuit
|B0071 SATURN code possible causes
- Faulty Passenger Seat Belt Tension Sensor
- Passenger Seat Belt Tension Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Seat Belt Tension Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
|How do I fix the B0071 SATURN code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|Cost of diagnosing the B0071 SATURN code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0071 SATURN code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B0071 SATURN code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|B0071 SATURN code descriptionThe inflatable restraint seat belt tension sensor is a 3-wire potentiometer mounted on the retractor or buckle side of the seat belt and provides an input to the Passenger Presence System (PPS). When an infant car seat is properly restrained on the front passenger seat, the seat belt is tightly secured through the car seat. The seat belt pulls on the tension sensor and changes the voltage signal to the PPS module. The PPS monitors the seat belt tension sensor circuit and if a fault is detected, DTC will be set. When the PPS detects this DTC within the PPS, it will notify the customer of the enable/disable status by turning ON the OFF indicator on the PASSENGER AIR BAG ON/OFF indicators. Then the PPS will communicate to the Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) through a serial data communications that a PPS fault is present. The SDM will then suppress the deployment of the Instrument Panel (I/P) module and then turn the AIR BAG indicator ON.
|Need more information with the B0071 SATURN code?Need more information on how to fix the B0071 SATURN code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
|Need help with a B0071 SATURN code?Get the B0071 Saturn code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|B0071 SATURN code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0071 Saturn code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks