B0064 - Left Front/Driver Pretensioner Deployment Loop Resistance Low
- Faulty Left Front/Driver Pretensioner
- Left Front/Driver Pretensioner harness is open or shorted
- Left Front/Driver Pretensioner circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0064 DescriptionThe driver seat belt pretensioner deployment loop consists of a seat belt pretensioner - LF and the seat belt pretensioner - LF high and low circuits. A shorting bar used within the seat belt pretensioner connector shorts together both the seat belt pretensioner high and low circuits when the connector is disconnected. This will help to prevent unwanted deployment of the pretensioner during servicing. During a frontal crash of sufficient force the inflatable restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) will allow current to flow through the deployment loop in order to deploy the seat belt pretensioner. The SDM performs continuous diagnostic tests on the deployment loops to check for proper circuit continuity and for shorts to ground or voltage. If a malfunction is detected, a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will be stored in memory.
B0064 Information for specific makes
- B0064 BUICK Left Front/Driver Pretensioner Deployment Loop Resistance Low
- B0064 CADILLAC Left Front/Driver Pretensioner Deployment Loop Resistance Low
- B0064 CHEVROLET Left Front/Driver Pretensioner Deployment Loop Resistance Low
- B0064 GMC Left Front/Driver Pretensioner Deployment Loop Resistance Low
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B0064 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B0064 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0064 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks