B0061 MERCURY - Passenger Seatbelt Tension Sensor
B0061 MERCURY Possible Causes
- Faulty Passenger Seatbelt Tension Sensor (part of front passenger safety belt)
- Passenger Seatbelt Tension Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Seatbelt Tension Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code B0061 MERCURY
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
B0061 MERCURY Tech NotesB0061:11 Passenger Seatbelt Tension Sensor: Circuit Short to Ground
B0061:12 Passenger Seatbelt Tension Sensor: Circuit Short to Battery
B0061:13 Passenger Seatbelt Tension Sensor: Circuit Open
B0061:1C Passenger Seatbelt Tension Sensor: Circuit Voltage Out of Range
B0061:49 Passenger Seatbelt Tension Sensor: Internal Electronic Failure
Cost of diagnosing the B0061 MERCURY code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0061 MERCURY code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B0061 MERCURY Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0061 Mercury DescriptionThe Belt Tension Sensor (BTS) operates in conjunction with the Occupant Classification System (OCS). The Occupant Classification System (OCS) interprets a variable voltage signal provided by the Belt Tension Sensor (BTS) to identify the possible presence of a child safety seat in the front passenger seat. The voltage output of the Belt Tension Sensor (BTS) is proportional to the amount of tension applied to the sensor by the belt: no belt tension causes a low voltage (approximately 0.95 volt) to be output, and high belt tension causes a high voltage (approximately 3.8 volts) to be returned to the Occupant Classification System Module (OCSM).
B0061 MERCURY More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0061 MERCURY code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B0061 Mercury code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B0061 MERCURY CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0061 Mercury code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks