B0053 CADILLAC - Deployment Commanded
- Faulty Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
- Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) harness is open or shorted
- Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) circuit poor electrical connection
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0053 Cadillac DescriptionThe Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) contains sensing devices that converts vehicle velocity changes to electrical signals. The SDM processes the generated electrical signals and compares them to values stored in memory. When the generated signals exceed the stored values, the SDM performs additional signal processing and compares the generated signals to signals stored in memory. When 2 of the generated signals exceed the stored values, the SDM will cause current to flow through the inflator modules, deploying the inflator modules, and causing DTC B0053 to set.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B0053 Cadillac code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B0053 CADILLAC CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0053 Cadillac code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks