B0040 GMC - Driver Side Deployment Loop Resistance Low
- Faulty Driver's Side Air Bag Module
- Driver's Side Air Bag Module harness is open or shorted
- Driver's Side Air Bag Module circuit poor electrical connection
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0040 Gmc DescriptionWhen ignition switch is turned to RUN position, Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) performs tests to diagnose critical internal malfunctions. SDM then performs deployment loop voltage out of range test and deployment loop resistance measurement test. If voltage out of range test detects a short to voltage condition, resistance measurement test will not be performed.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B0040 Gmc code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B0040 GMC CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0040 Gmc code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks