B0031 CHEVROLET - Second Row Left Frontal Stage 1 Deployment Control
B0031 CHEVROLET Possible Causes
- Faulty Second Row Left Frontal Air Bag
- Second Row Left Frontal Air Bag harness is open or shorted
- Second Row Left Frontal Air Bag circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
First diagnose B0031 CHEVROLET code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B0031 CHEVROLET code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0031 CHEVROLET code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B0031 CHEVROLET Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0031 Chevrolet DescriptionWhen the ignition switch is turned to RUN position, Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) performs tests to diagnose critical internal malfunctions. SDM then performs deployment loop voltage out of range test and deployment loop resistance measurement test. If voltage out of range test detects a short to voltage condition, the resistance measurement test will not be performed.
B0031 CHEVROLET More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0031 CHEVROLET code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B0031 Chevrolet code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B0031 CHEVROLET CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0031 Chevrolet code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks