B0029 SATURN Code - Right Front/Passenger Side Deployment Loop Open
|B0029 SATURN code possible causes
- Faulty Right Front/Passenger Side Air Bag Module
- Right Front/Passenger Side Air Bag Module harness is open or shorted
- Right Front/Passenger Side Air Bag Module circuit poor electrical connection
|How do I fix the B0029 SATURN code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|Cost of diagnosing the B0029 SATURN code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0029 SATURN code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B0029 SATURN code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|B0029 SATURN code descriptionWhen the ignition switch is turned to RUN position, Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) performs tests to diagnose critical internal malfunctions. The SDM then performs deployment loop voltage out of range test and deployment loop resistance measurement test. If voltage out of range test detects a short to voltage condition, the resistance measurement test will not be performed.
|Need more information with the B0029 SATURN code?Need more information on how to fix the B0029 SATURN code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
|Need help with a B0029 SATURN code?Get the B0029 Saturn code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|B0029 SATURN code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0029 Saturn code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks