B0025 CADILLAC - Right Roof Rail Air Bag
B0025 CADILLAC Possible Causes
- Faulty Right Roof Rail Air Bag
- Right Roof Rail Air Bag harness is open or shorted
- Right Roof Rail Air Bag circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
How do I fix code B0025 CADILLAC?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
Cost of diagnosing the B0025 CADILLAC code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0025 CADILLAC code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0025 CADILLAC DescriptionDuring a side or frontal crash of sufficient force the inflatable restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) will allow current to flow through the deployment loop in order to deploy the right roof rail air bag. The SDM performs continuous diagnostic tests on the deployment loops to check for proper circuit continuity and for shorts to ground or voltage. A shorting bar is used within the right roof rail air bag connector which will short together both high and low circuits when the connector is disconnected. This will help to prevent unwanted deployment of the air bag during servicing.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0025 CADILLAC code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B0025 Cadillac code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0025 Cadillac code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks