B0024 BUICK - Driver Frontal Deployment Loop Single Stage or Stage 1 Voltage Out of Range
B0024 BUICK Possible Causes
- Faulty Steering Wheel Module Coil
- Steering Wheel Module Coil harness is open or shorted
- Steering Wheel Module Coil circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Steering Wheel Module
How do I fix code B0024 BUICK?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
Cost of diagnosing the B0024 BUICK code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0024 BUICK code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0024 BUICK DescriptionThe driver deployment loop consists of the following components:
- A dual-stage inflatable restraint steering wheel module
- The inflatable restraint steering wheel module coil
- The steering wheel module high circuits for both stages 1 and 2
- The steering wheel module low circuits for both stages 1 and 2
There are 2 shorting bars used within the steering wheel module coil connector. These shorting bars short together both stages of the steering wheel module high circuit and the steering wheel module low circuit when the connector is disconnected. This helps prevent unwanted deployment of the inflator module during servicing. During a frontal crash of sufficient force the inflatable restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) will allow current to flow through the deployment loop. This flow of current will deploy the steering wheel module. The SDM performs continuous diagnostic tests on the deployment loops to check for proper circuit continuity and for shorts to ground or voltage. If a malfunction is detected, a DTC will be stored in memory.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0024 BUICK code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B0024 Buick code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0024 Buick code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks