B0023 GMC - Right Roof Rail Air Bag Deployment Loop
B0023 GMC Possible Causes
- Faulty Right Roof Rail Air Bag
- Right Roof Rail Air Bag harness is open or shorted
- Right Roof Rail Air Bag circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
First diagnose B0023 GMC code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
B0023 GMC Tech NotesDTC B0023 01: Right Roof Rail Air Bag Deployment Loop Short to Battery
DTC B0023 02: Right Roof Rail Air Bag Deployment Loop Short to Ground
DTC B0023 04: Right Roof Rail Air Bag Deployment Loop Open Circuit
DTC B0023 0D: Right Roof Rail Air Bag Deployment Loop Resistance Above Threshold
DTC B0023 0E: Right Roof Rail Air Bag Deployment Loop Resistance Below Threshold
Cost of diagnosing the B0023 GMC code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0023 GMC code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B0023 GMC Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0023 Gmc DescriptionDuring a side or frontal crash of sufficient force the inflatable restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) will allow current to flow through the deployment loop in order to deploy the right roof rail air bag. The SDM performs continuous diagnostic tests on the deployment loops to check for proper circuit continuity and for shorts to ground or voltage. A shorting bar is used within the right roof rail air bag connector which will short together both high and low circuits when the connector is disconnected. This will help to prevent unwanted deployment of the air bag during servicing.
B0023 GMC More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0023 GMC code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B0023 Gmc code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B0023 GMC CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0023 Gmc code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks