B0020 SATURN Code - Passenger Instrument Panel Air Bag Deployment Loop Stage 2
|B0020 SATURN code possible causes
- Faulty Passenger Frontal Module
- Passenger Frontal Module harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Frontal Module circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
|How do I fix the B0020 SATURN code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|B0020 SATURN code tech notesDTC B0020 01: Passenger Instrument Panel Air Bag Deployment Loop Stage 2 Short to Battery
DTC B0020 02: Passenger Instrument Panel Air Bag Deployment Loop Stage 2 Short to Ground
DTC B0020 04: Passenger Instrument Panel Air Bag Deployment Loop Stage 2 Open
DTC B0020 0D: Passenger Instrument Panel Air Bag Deployment Loop Stage 2 High Resistance
DTC B0020 0E: Passenger Instrument Panel Air Bag Deployment Loop Stage 2 Low Resistance
|Cost of diagnosing the B0020 SATURN code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0020 SATURN code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B0020 SATURN code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|B0020 SATURN code descriptionDuring a side or frontal crash of sufficient force the inflatable restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) will allow current to flow through the deployment loop in order to deploy an air bag or pretensioner. There are 2 shorting bars which will short together control circuits, when the connector is disconnected. This will help to prevent unwanted deployment of the air bag or pretensioner during servicing.
|Need more information with the B0020 SATURN code?Need more information on how to fix the B0020 SATURN code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
|Need help with a B0020 SATURN code?Get the B0020 Saturn code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|B0020 SATURN code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0020 Saturn code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks