B0020 GMC - Passenger Instrument Panel Air Bag Deployment Loop Stage 2
- Faulty Passenger Frontal Module
- Passenger Frontal Module harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Frontal Module circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
Tech notesDTC B0020 01: Passenger Instrument Panel Air Bag Deployment Loop Stage 2 Short to Battery
DTC B0020 02: Passenger Instrument Panel Air Bag Deployment Loop Stage 2 Short to Ground
DTC B0020 04: Passenger Instrument Panel Air Bag Deployment Loop Stage 2 Open
DTC B0020 0D: Passenger Instrument Panel Air Bag Deployment Loop Stage 2 High Resistance
DTC B0020 0E: Passenger Instrument Panel Air Bag Deployment Loop Stage 2 Low Resistance
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0020 Gmc DescriptionDuring a side or frontal crash of sufficient force the inflatable restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) will allow current to flow through the deployment loop in order to deploy an air bag or pretensioner. There are 2 shorting bars which will short together control circuits, when the connector is disconnected. This will help to prevent unwanted deployment of the air bag or pretensioner during servicing.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B0020 Gmc code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B0020 GMC CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0020 Gmc code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks