B0015 SATURN Code - Left Pretensioner Deployment Loop
|B0015 SATURN code possible causes
- Faulty Left Pretension Module
- Left Pretension Module harness is open or shorted
- Left Pretension Module circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
|How do I fix the B0015 SATURN code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|B0015 SATURN code tech notesDTC B0015 01 LF Pretensioner Deployment Loop Short to Battery
DTC B0015 02 LF Pretensioner Deployment Loop Short to Ground
DTC B0015 04 LF Pretensioner Deployment Loop Open Circuit
DTC B0015 0D LF Pretensioner Deployment Loop Resistance Above Threshold
DTC B0015 0E LF Pretensioner Deployment Loop Resistance Below Threshold
|Cost of diagnosing the B0015 SATURN code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0015 SATURN code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B0015 SATURN code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|B0015 SATURN code descriptionDuring a side or frontal crash of sufficient force the inflatable restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) will allow current to flow through the deployment loop in order to deploy an inflatable restraint module. There are 2 shorting bars used within the module connector which will short together both high and low circuits, when the connector is disconnected. This will help to prevent unwanted deployment of the inflator module during servicing.
|Need more information with the B0015 SATURN code?Need more information on how to fix the B0015 SATURN code? Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
|Need help with a B0015 SATURN code?Get the B0015 Saturn code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|B0015 SATURN code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0015 Saturn code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks