B0001 INFINITI - Driver Air Bag Module
B0001 INFINITI Possible Causes
- Faulty Driver Air Bag Module
- Driver Air Bag Module harness is open or shorted
- Driver Air Bag Module circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Spiral Cable
- Faulty Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor
How do I fix code B0001 INFINITI?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B0001 INFINITI code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0001 INFINITI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0001 Infiniti DescriptionThe Driver Air Bag Module is dual stage and is wired to the Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor unit through the Spiral Cable. The Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor unit will monitor for opens and shorts in detected lines to the Driver Air Bag Module including the spiral cable. The Air Bag Sensor Unit (Air Bag Control Module) monitors the Driver Air Bag Module. The Air Bag Sensor Unit sets the OBDII code when the Driver Air Bag Module is not to factory specifications.
B0001 INFINITI More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0001 INFINITI code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B0001 Infiniti code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0001 Infiniti code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks