U1000 NISSAN - CAN Communication Line - Signal Malfunction
U1000 NISSAN Possible Causes
- Controller Area Network (CAN) communication harness is open or shorted
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
- Poor harness ground connection.
How do I fix code U1000 NISSAN?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
There is a service bulletin for the following Nissan models with U1000 code:
- 2002-2006 Nissan Maxima
- 2004-2006 Nissan Titan
- 2004-2006 Nissan Armada
- 2002-2006 Nissan Sentra
- 2005-2006 Nissan Frontier
- 2002-2006 Nissan Altima
- 2005-2006 Nissan Xterra
- 2005-2006 Nissan Pathfinder
- 2004-2006 Nissan Quest
- 2003-2006 Nissan 350Z
- 2003-2006 Nissan Murano
Nissan Factory Service Bulletin OBDII Code U1000
The service bulletin suggests cleaning engine and body harness ground connection to repair the problem.
- Clean/re-tighten ECM ground connections.
- Clean/re-tighten negative battery cable body connection and battery post connection.
- If needed, clean and ensure good contact between the steering member assembly and the left side instrument stay assembly.
Cost of diagnosing the U1000 NISSAN code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the U1000 NISSAN code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
U1000 NISSAN DescriptionThe Controller Area Network (CAN) is a serial communication line for real-time applications. It is an on-vehicle multiplex communication line with high data communication speed and excellent error detection ability. Many electronic control units are equipped onto a vehicle, and each control unit shares information and links with other control units during operation (not independent). In CAN communication, control units are connected with 2 communication lines (CAN H line, CAN L line) allowing a high rate of information transmission with less wiring.
Each control unit transmits/receives data but selectively reads the required data only.
The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) sets when the Engine Control Module (ECM) is not transmitting or receiving CAN communication signals of OBD (emission-related diagnosis) for 2 seconds or more.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the U1000 NISSAN code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific Nissan models
- U1000 2007 NISSAN ALTIMA
- U1000 2002 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN
- U1000 2003 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN
- U1000 2004 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN
- U1000 2005 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN
- U1000 2006 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN
- U1000 2008 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN
- U1000 2004 NISSAN MAXIMA
- U1000 2005 NISSAN MAXIMA
- U1000 2006 NISSAN MAXIMA
- U1000 2007 NISSAN MAXIMA
- U1000 2008 NISSAN MAXIMA
- U1000 2005 NISSAN PATHFINDER
- U1000 2006 NISSAN PATHFINDER
- U1000 2007 NISSAN PATHFINDER
- U1000 2008 NISSAN PATHFINDER
- U1000 2009 NISSAN PATHFINDER
- U1000 2010 NISSAN PATHFINDER
- U1000 2011 NISSAN PATHFINDER
- U1000 2012 NISSAN PATHFINDER
- U1000 2008 NISSAN ROGUE
- U1000 2009 NISSAN ROGUE
- U1000 2002 NISSAN SENTRA
- U1000 2003 NISSAN SENTRA
- U1000 2004 NISSAN SENTRA
- U1000 2005 NISSAN SENTRA
- U1000 2006 NISSAN SENTRA
- U1000 2007 NISSAN SENTRA
- U1000 2008 NISSAN SENTRA
- U1000 2009 NISSAN SENTRA
- U1000 2007 NISSAN VERSA
- U1000 2008 NISSAN VERSA
- U1000 2009 NISSAN VERSA
Need more help?Get the U1000 Nissan code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the U1000 Nissan code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks