U0101 BUICK - Lost Communication With Transmission Control Module
U0101 BUICK Possible Causes
- Faulty Transmission Control Module (TCM)
- TCM harness is open or shorted
- TCM circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose U0101 BUICK code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
U0101 BUICK Tech NotesThere is a factory service bulletin for some models with U0101 code, the factory recommends that prior to any parts replaced there are several areas that should be inspected:
- One area is the transmission connector pins, for damaged terminals or poor terminal fit.
- Another area is the under hood fuse block for damaged terminals or poor terminal fit and mispositioned fuses in fuse block.
- Another area to inspect would be the TCM ground.
- As always powers and ground should always be load checked to make sure the circuits are able to work properly.
- Another common area would be to check the harness for rubbing through on any sharp objects mainly on top of transmission where harness can contact sharp area on engine block.
Cost of diagnosing the U0101 BUICK code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the U0101 BUICK code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
U0101 BUICK Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
U0101 Buick DescriptionModules connected to the high speed General Motor Local Area Network (GMLAN) serial data circuits monitor for serial data communications during normal vehicle operation. Operating information and commands are exchanged among the modules. The modules have prerecorded information about what messages are needed to be exchanged on the serial data circuits, for each virtual network. The messages are supervised and also, some periodic messages are used by the receiver module as an availability indication of the transmitter module. The supervision time-out period is 250 ms. Each message contains the identification number of the transmitter module.
U0101 BUICK More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the U0101 BUICK code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Need more help?Get the U0101 Buick code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
U0101 BUICK CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the U0101 Buick code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks