P2A03 - O2 Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Bank 2 Sensor 1
P2A03 Possible Causes
- Air fuel ratio (A/F) sensor 1
- Air fuel ratio (A/F) sensor 1 heater
- Fuel pressure
- Fuel injector
- Intake air leaks
First diagnose P2A03 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P2A03 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P2A03 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the P2A03 code detected?The output voltage computed by ECM from the A/F sensor 1 signal is shifted to the lean side for a specified period.
P2A03 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P2a03 DescriptionThe air fuel ratio (A/F) sensor 1 is a planar one-cell limit current sensor. The sensor element of the A/F sensor 1 is composed an electrode
layer, which transports ions. It has a heater in the element.
The sensor is capable of precise measurement Lambda = 1, but also in the lean and rich range. Together with its control electronics, the sensor outputs a clear, continuous signal throughout a wide Lambda range.
The exhaust gas components diffuse through the diffusion layer at the sensor cell. An electrode layer is applied voltage, and this current relative oxygen density in lean. Also this current relative hydrocarbon density in rich.
Therefore, the A/F sensor 1 is able to indicate air fuel ratio by this electrode layer of current. In addition, a heater is integrated in the
sensor to ensure the required operating temperature of about 800°C (1,472°F).
P2A03 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P2A03 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P2A03 Information for specific makes
- P2A03 ACURA O2 Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Bank 2 Sensor 1
- P2A03 DODGE O2 Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Bank 2 Sensor 1
- P2A03 HONDA O2 Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Bank 2 Sensor 1
- P2A03 INFINITI Air Fuel Ratio Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Bank 2 Sensor 1
- P2A03 LEXUS A/F Sensor Circuit Slow Response Bank 2 Sensor 1
- P2A03 NISSAN Air Fuel Ratio Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Bank 2 Sensor 1
- P2A03 SCION A/F Sensor Circuit Slow Response Bank 2 Sensor 1
- P2A03 TOYOTA A/F Sensor Circuit Slow Response Bank 2 Sensor 1
Need more help?Get the P2a03 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P2A03 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P2a03 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks