P2138 HYUNDAI - Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
- Faulty Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor
- Faulty Throttle Position Sensor
- Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P2138 Hyundai DescriptionThe Electronic Throttle Control(ETC) system is made of the components throttle body, Throttle Position Sensor(TPS) 1&2 and Accelerator Position Sensor(APS) 1&2. The APS is mounted in the accelerator pedal to detect the opening angle of the accelerator pedal. It has 2 sensors to detect the accelerator position and a malfunction of the accelerator position sensor. The PCM judges the current opening angle of the accelerator pedal from APS1&2, and the PCM controls the throttle motor based on these signals.
Need more help?Get the P2138 Hyundai code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P2138 HYUNDAI CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P2138 Hyundai code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks