P207A MERCURY - Intake Manifold Tuning Valve Position Sensor/Switch Circuit Bank 2
- Faulty Intake Manifold Tuning Valve Position Sensor/Switch
- Intake Manifold Tuning Valve Position Sensor/Switch harness is open or shorted
- Intake Manifold Tuning Valve Position Sensor/Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Intake Manifold Tuning Valve (IMTV)
- Faulty Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC)
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P207a Mercury DescriptionThe Intake Manifold Tuning Valve (IMTV) is a motorized actuated unit mounted directly to the intake manifold. The IMTV actuator controls a shutter device attached to the actuator shaft. There is no monitor input to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) with this system to indicate shutter position.
The motorized IMTV unit will not be energized below approximately 2600 rpm or higher on some vehicles. The shutter will be in the closed position not allowing airflow blend to occur in the intake manifold. Above approximately 2600 rpm or higher, the motorized unit will be energized. The motorized unit will be commanded on by the PCM initially at a 100 percent duty cycle to move the shutter to the open position and then falling to approximately 50 percent to continue to hold the shutter open.
The Intake Manifold Tuning Valve (IMTV) system is monitored for failure during continuous, Key ON Engine OFF (KOEO), or Key ON Engine Running (KOER) self-tests. The test fails when the signal is more or less than an expected calibrated range.
Need more help?Get the P207a Mercury code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P207A MERCURY CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P207a Mercury code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks