P18BC - Internal Mode Switch 'C' Circuit Stuck Off Invalid Voltage Range
P18BC Possible Causes
- Faulty Internal Mode Switch
- Internal Mode Switch harness is open or shorted
- Internal Mode Switch circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose P18BC code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P18BC code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P18BC code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P18BC Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P18bc DescriptionThe internal mode switch indicates to the Transmission Control Module (TCM) which gear position the vehicle operator has selected. The internal consists of 5 separate hall effect switches. Each hall effect switch is supplied a 9 V reference circuit and a signal circuit from the TCM. Each signal circuit for each gear selector position will have either a voltage reading of 0.70-0.96 V indicting On or 1.68-2.38 V indicating Off. The voltage values on each internal mode switch circuit will change and are dependent on the position of the gear selector. The state of each internal mode switch A/B/C/P/S signal circuit is displayed on the scan tool.
P18BC More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P18BC code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P18BC Information for specific makes
- P18BC BUICK Internal Mode Switch 'C' Circuit Stuck Off Invalid Voltage Range
- P18BC CADILLAC Internal Mode Switch 'C' Circuit Stuck Off Invalid Voltage Range
- P18BC CHEVROLET Internal Mode Switch 'C' Circuit Stuck Off Invalid Voltage Range
- P18BC GMC Internal Mode Switch 'C' Circuit Stuck Off Invalid Voltage Range
Need more help?Get the P18bc code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P18BC CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P18bc code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks