P1610 NISSAN - Lock Mode
- Faulty or not programmed ignition key
- Faulty IMMU
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
If problem persist after disconnecting the car battery, try the following:
ESCAPE FROM LOCK MODE
1. Turn ignition switch OFF.
2. Turn ignition switch ON with registered key. (Do not start engine.) Wait 5 seconds.
3. Return the key to OFF position.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 twice (total of three cycles).
5. Start the engine.
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Engine would not start
P1610 NISSAN Description
The microcircuit inside the key is activated by a small electromagnetic field which induces current to flow inside the key body, which in turn broadcasts a unique binary code which is read by the automobile's Engine Control Module (ECM). When the ECM determines that the coded key is both current and valid, the ECM activates the fuel-injection sequence.
The immobilizer function of the Infiniti Vehicle Immobilizer System (IVIS) or Nissan Anti-Theft System (NATS) consists of the following:
- NATS ignition key
- NATS antenna amp. located in the ignition key cylinder
- Body control module (BCM) or (IMMU)
- Engine Control Module (ECM)
- Security indicator lamp
Need more help?
P1610 NISSAN CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1610 Nissan code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks