P1231 - Throttle Position Sensor 1 and 2 Circuit
P1231 Possible Causes
- Faulty Throttle Body
- Throttle Body harness is open or shorted
- Throttle Body poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P1231?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1231 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1231 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1231 DescriptionThrottle Position Sensor 1 and 2 Circuit is the generic description for the P1231 code, but the manufacturer may have a different description for your model and year vehicle. Currently, we have no further information abouth the P1231 OBDII code.
Still have questions? Please post your question on our Comments Section below for more information.
P1231 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1231 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1231 AUDI Injector Circuit Cylinder 7 Short To Ground
- P1231 BUICK Injector Circuit Cylinder 4 Intermittent
- P1231 CADILLAC Injector Circuit Cylinder 4 Intermittent
- P1231 CHEVROLET Injector Circuit Cylinder 4 Intermittent
- P1231 FORD High Speed Fuel Pump Relay Activated
- P1231 GMC Injector Circuit Cylinder 4 Intermittent
- P1231 LAND-ROVER High Speed Fuel Pump Relay Activated
- P1231 LINCOLN High Speed Fuel Pump Relay Activated
- P1231 MERCURY High Speed Fuel Pump Relay Activated
- P1231 MITSUBISHI Active Stability Control Plausibility
- P1231 SAAB Throttle Position Sensor 1 and 2 Circuit
- P1231 SUZUKI Fuel Pump Relay High Voltage
- P1231 VOLKSWAGEN Injector Circuit Cylinder 7 Short To Ground
Need more help?Get the P1231 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1231 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks