P0983 - Shift Solenoid 'D' Control Circuit High
P0983 Possible Causes
- Faulty Shift Solenoid 'D'
- Shift Solenoid 'D' harness is open or shorted
- Shift Solenoid 'D' circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P0983Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P0983 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0983 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0983 DescriptionThe Engine Control Module (ECM) commands gear shifts by turning the shift solenoid valves ON/OFF . When there is an open or short circuit in any shift solenoid valve circuit, the ECM detects the problem and illuminates the engine light and stores the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC), and the ECM performs the fail-safe function and turns the other shift solenoids valves in good condition ON/OFF .
P0983 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0983 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0983 ACURA Shift Solenoid Valve 'D' Open
- P0983 DODGE Shift Solenoid 'D' Control Circuit High
- P0983 HONDA Shift Solenoid Valve 'D' Open
- P0983 LEXUS Shift Solenoid 'D' Control Circuit High Valve S4
- P0983 SCION Shift Solenoid 'D' Control Circuit High Valve S4
- P0983 TOYOTA Shift Solenoid 'D' Control Circuit High Valve S4
Need more help?Get the P0983 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0983 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks