P0974 - Shift Solenoid 'A' Control Circuit High
P0974 Possible Causes
- Faulty Shift Solenoid 'A'
- Shift Solenoid 'A' harness is open or shorted
- Shift Solenoid 'A' electrical circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P0974?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
Cost of diagnosing the P0974 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0974 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0974 DescriptionThe Engine Control Module (ECM) commands gear shifts by turning the shift solenoid valves ON/OFF . When there is an open or short circuit in any shift solenoid valve circuit, the ECM detects the problem and illuminates the engine light and stores the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC). And the ECM performs the fail-safe function and turns the other shift solenoids valves in good condition ON/OFF .
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0974 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0974 ACURA Shift Solenoid Valve 'A' Open
- P0974 BUICK Shift Solenoid 'A' Open Or Short To Power 📷
- P0974 CADILLAC Shift Solenoid 'A' Open Or Short To Power 📷
- P0974 CHEVROLET Shift Solenoid 'A' Open Or Short To Power 📷
- P0974 DODGE Shift Solenoid 'A' Control Circuit High
- P0974 HONDA Shift Solenoid Valve 'A' Open
- P0974 LEXUS Shift Solenoid 'A' Control Circuit High
- P0974 PONTIAC Shift Solenoid 'A' Open Or Short To Power 📷
- P0974 SATURN Shift Solenoid 'A' Open Or Short To Power 📷
- P0974 SCION Shift Solenoid 'A' Control Circuit High
- P0974 TOYOTA Shift Solenoid 'A' Control Circuit High
Need more help?Get the P0974 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0974 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks