P0744 - Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Intermittent
- Faulty torque converter clutch solenoid valve
- Torque converter clutch solenoid valve harness is open or shorted
- Torque converter clutch solenoid valve circuit poor electrical connection
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
Lock-up operation, however, is prohibited when A/T fluid temperature is too low.
When the accelerator pedal is depressed (less than 2/8) in lock-up condition, the engine speed should not change abruptly. If there is a big jump in engine speed, there is no lock-up.
P0744 Information for specific makes
P0744 MAZDA Slip Control Malfunction
P0744 MERCEDES-BENZ Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Intermittent
P0744 NISSAN Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Intermittent
P0744 SUZUKI Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Valve Function
Need more help?
P0744 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0744 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks