P0741 FORD - Torque Converter Clutch Mechanical System
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty torque converter clutch solenoid valve
- Torque converter clutch solenoid valve harness or connectors
- Torque converter clutch solenoid valve circuit is open or shorted
- Transmission internal mechanical problem
1996-2003 Ford Taurus
1996-2003 Ford Windstar
1996-2003 Ford Taurus, Windstar Factory Service Bulletin OBDII Code P0741
User Submitted Video
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0741 FORD Description
Lock-up operation, however, is prohibited when A/T fluid temperature is too low.
When the accelerator pedal is depressed (less than 2/8) in lock-up condition, the engine speed should not change abruptly. If there is a big jump in engine speed, there is no lock-up.
Need more help?
P0741 FORD CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0741 Ford code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks