P0740 NISSAN - Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Circuit Fault
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty torque converter clutch solenoid valve
- Torque converter clutch solenoid valve harness is open or shorted
- Torque converter clutch solenoid valve circuit poor electrical connection
User Submitted Video
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Transmission shift shock
- Vehicle may not shift into the highest gear
P0740 NISSAN Description
Lock-up operation, however, is prohibited when A/T fluid temperature is too low.
When the accelerator pedal is depressed (less than 2/8) in lock-up condition, the engine speed should not change abruptly. If there is a big jump in engine speed, there is no lock-up.
P0740 NISSAN Information for specific Nissan models
P0740 2003 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN
P0740 2004 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN
P0740 2005 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN
P0740 2006 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN
P0740 2002 NISSAN SENTRA
P0740 2003 NISSAN SENTRA
P0740 2004 NISSAN SENTRA
P0740 2005 NISSAN SENTRA
P0740 2006 NISSAN SENTRA
Need more help?
P0740 NISSAN CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0740 Nissan code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks