P0622 - Generator Field Control Circuit Malfunction
P0622 Possible Causes
- Battery charge
- Faulty Generator
- Generator harness is open or shorted
- Generator circuit poor electrical connection
- Engine Control Module (ECM) controlled generator
- Faulty ECM
How do I fix code P0622?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
Cost of diagnosing the P0622 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0622 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0622 DescriptionThe Engine Control Module (ECM) uses the generator turn on signal circuit to control the generator. A high side driver within the ECM allows the ECM to turn the generator ON and OFF. When Generator operation is desired, the ECM sends a 5 volt signal to the voltage regulator via the generator turn on signal circuit. This causes the voltage regulator to begin controlling the generator field circuit. Once the Generator is enabled by the ECM, the voltage regulator controls generator output independently of the ECM. Under certain operating conditions, the ECM can turn Off the generator by turning Off the 5 volt signal on the generator turn on signal circuit.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0622 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0622 BUICK Generator Field Control Circuit Malfunction
- P0622 CADILLAC Generator Field Control Circuit Malfunction
- P0622 CHEVROLET Generator Field Control Circuit Malfunction
- P0622 CHRYSLER Generator Field Not Switching
- P0622 DODGE Generator Field Not Switching
- P0622 FORD Generator Field Terminal Circuit
- P0622 GMC Generator Field Control Circuit Malfunction
- P0622 ISUZU Generator Field Control Circuit Malfunction
- P0622 MAZDA Generator Malfunction Load Input Out of Calibration
- P0622 MERCEDES-BENZ Generator Field 'F' Control Circuit Malfunction
- P0622 MITSUBISHI Generator FR Terminal Circuit Malfunction
- P0622 PONTIAC Generator Field Control Circuit Malfunction
- P0622 SATURN Generator Field Control Circuit Malfunction
- P0622 SUZUKI Generator Field Control Circuit Malfunction
Need more help?Get the P0622 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0622 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks